16 Best Outdoor Toys For Toddlers
- Little Tikes Jump ‘n Slide Bouncer
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Dilly Dally Turtle Target Action Game
- Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug ‘n Secure Swing
- Little Tikes 3′ Trampoline
- Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set
- Little Tikes Wet & Dry First Slide with Slip Mat
- Play Tent Princess Castle by Pockos – Features Glow in the Dark Stars
- Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper
- Click N’ Play Pack of 200 Phthalate Free BPA Free Crush Proof Plastic Ball
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Baking Set
- Little Tikes Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table
- Sportstastic Activity Center
- Little Tikes Cape Cottage
- Little Tikes Gas ‘n Go Mower
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch TM Blossom Bright Watering Can
- Step2 Play and Shade Pool
Playing Outdoors with Toddlers
Toddlers play to continue mastering their newly-found sense of independence as they are no longer totally dependent on mum and dad for some of their needs. Toddlers also need to play to strengthen their muscles and help develop their flexibility, balance, and coordination so they will be better prepared once they reach preschool and school age.
Why Isit Important?
It is important for toddlers to enjoy playtime in an area where they can run, jump, and stretch their muscles while at the same time refining their fine motor skills. That is why playing outdoors is so much fun for toddlers. They get to live out their fantasies in a wide open space. Best of all, they can share these experiences with fellow toddlers and, of course, their mum and dad and their siblings.
Outdoor playtime activities can thus, be an excellent way to bond with your toddlers. You can foster their sense of independence and autonomy while at the same making sure that they are safe. If they trip and hurt themselves, you can always assure them that it is perfectly all right and that there is nothing to be ashamed of. Your presence while they are playing outdoors means a lot to them. They feel you value their personhood and as such won’t necessarily interfere with their playtime. But they also know that if they need you, you will be there to support them. Of course, you and the rest of the family can join your little one in playing outdoors. And how else can you foster great family bond than playing with toys that are built to be enjoyed outdoors?
How We Came Up with Our List of the 16 Best Outdoor Toys for Toddlers
We know how frustrating it can be sometimes to be inundated with so many choices making it quite difficult to decide. If you can only narrow down your selection to those outdoor toys that are really designed to foster the growth and developmental milestones of your toddler, then it would be a lot easier to choose.
We understand what you need and as such we have come up with our list of 16 amazing toys to be used outdoors. We researched on the features, cost, and safety of these toys as we know you only want the best and the safest for your little tyke. We took into consideration the feedback and rave reviews of delighted parents who were once confused like you. Now, all you have to do is to take a look at our list and we are pretty confident you would agree to at least one of our top 16 picks.