Among the many Disney characters, no one is as cute and adorable as Minnie Mouse. Sure, Mickey is always the star of the show, Donald has just a voice that is characteristically Donald, Pluto is ever loyal to Mickey, and Goofy is the forever clown of the group. But, if you’re going to really examine who among these characters is best loved by little girls, then that would be Minnie. That’s why, for all the tots out there who are fascinated by the endearing character of Minnie, we’re sharing with you the top 10 Minnie Mouse toys for toddlers this 2017.
Our 10 Best Minnie Mouse Toys for Toddlers
- Minnie Mouse Toddler Saucer Chair by Disney
- My First Minnie Ride On by Kiddieland Toys Limited
- Disney Plush Minnie Mouse by Kids Preferred
- Disney Minnie Mouse Fabulous Shopping Mall by Fisher-Price
- Disney Mickey Mouse and Minnie Birthday Parade by LEGO Duplo
- Disney Baby: Minnie’s Bath Vanity by Fisher-Price
- Disney Baby Mini Jinglers Minnie Mouse by Kids Preferred
- Bell Toddler 3D Minnie Me Bike Helmet by Bell
- Disney Minnie Rainbow Dazzle by Fisher-Price
- Disney Baby: Minnie Mouse Snuggle Blanky
How We Chose the Best and Most Amazing Minnie Mouse Toys in Our List
Since toys are viewed as important tools for the optimum development of all children, we knew we had to focus on the developmental appropriateness of these products to children aged 18 months to 3 years. As such, we had to make sure that we have an excellent understanding of the developmental milestones of these children so that we could make a very accurate assessment of the appropriateness or relevance of the item to the different developmental areas in a toddler’s life. If the developmental benefit was questionable or downright absent, then we scrapped the product off our list.
Obviously, before we can begin doing this, we had to narrow the selection pool. We decided to include only those Minnie Mouse presents and toys that have been rated with no less than 4 stars by parents and consumers alike. This is crucial as it gave us an idea of the overall acceptability and usefulness of the toy in real-life. The issue is that there are certain products that are technically good on paper but in reality are full of mediocrity. And we clearly don’t want you to experience that. At least, if there are no less than 4 stars in the consumer product rating, then we’re somehow guaranteed that we’re making the right decision in including the product in the shortlist.
The safety of the materials used in the design and construction of the Minnie Mouse toy was also evaluated. While toddlers have outgrown their reflexive hand-to-mouth activities found in early infancy, they are still naturally curious. If the material looks interesting to them, there’s a chance that they might put this in their mouths and choke in the process. Also, they may lick the surfaces of the toys so we want these products to be as safe as possible. Closely related to safety is the integrity of the construction of the toy. If it is easily broken, torn apart, or damaged, then it is still a safety issue that we have to take note of.
The different features of the Minnie Mouse baby toys and presents were also evaluated. We wanted to see what particular benefit these features will bring and whether these are developmentally appropriate at all.
Developmental Milestones of Toddlers
Many parents are not really aware of the different developmental milestones of toddlers. If only they understood these hallmarks of development of this age, then they will be able to customize the way they interact with their tot as well as be more empowered to choose the appropriate playtime activities for their children. Here are some key milestones that we can expect from a developing tot.
- Between 12 and 18 months, they can throw and kick a ball, push and pull objects, and squat.
- Between 12 and 24 months, they can already climb, so safety is a must.
- Between 18 and 24 months, they can run like the wind as well as use very simple sentences.
- Between 2 and 3 years, they should already be potty-trained as well as be able to jump and leapfrog.
- Between 18 and 36 months, they are now gaining independence, seeing themselves as separate entities from their parents. This is often the period where they would like to do it their way. And this is where most parents have issues with.
- By age 2, they should already start learning empathy.
These just summarize the different developmental milestones that we can expect from toddlers. It’s up to us to use this understanding to better care for them.
The Bottom Line
Minnie Mouse may be the quiet, loving partner of Mickey but it doesn’t mean she is any less popular. Kids, especially young girls, always look to Minnie for inspiration. And with the 10 best Minnie Mouse toys for toddlers, we’re absolutely certain your child will have a heyday playing with these toys.