This early, thousands of parents are already making their shortlist of the perfect Christmas gift to buy for their kids. There are those who are thinking of buying the usual stuff like dolls and craft toys for girls and building block toys and toy guns for boys. Now, if you really want to go big and fabulous in the Christmas gift of your kids, then you have to consider getting them an electric dirt bike. Since it is electric, you’ll never have to worry about it being harmful to the environment. Best of all, you won’t hear any of your neighbors complaining because of a very loud motor. Electric dirt bikes are simply the hottest Christmas presents you can ever buy this year.
And to help you choose the best one for your kid, we have here the world’s top 10 electric dirt bikes for your consideration.
Our Best Electric Dirt Bikes for Kids
- MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike by Razor
- SX500 McGrath Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike by Razor
- MX650 Rocket Electric Motocross Bike by Razor
- Moto Tec Electric Dirt Bike by MotoTec
- MX500 Dirt Rocket Electric Motocross Bike by Razor
- Junior E-Bike by Jetson
- EM-1000 E-Motorcycle by Pulse Performance Products
How We Chose the Top Electric Dirt Bikes in Our List
Ever since we were rocked with the news of exploding batteries in self-balancing scooters and hover boards, plus the recent Samsung Galaxy Note 7 debacle, consumers are getting really worried about purchasing electronic items especially rechargeable systems. This is the main focus of our research of the top 10 electric dirt bikes this 2016. Since all of these products run on an electric motor, it is imperative that we choose only bikes that have passed the rigorous testing of the Underwriters Laboratories. At least, we can also guarantee you that the dirt bike you’re going to buy for your child will not go up in flames while charging or will not explode right under your kid’s bottom. That would simply be unacceptable.
We then looked at its construction. Since our object of interest is a dirt bike, suspension is critical. This need to be very sturdy and can withstand the roughness of off-road and rocky terrain. We really would like kids to have a very comfortable ride while they are using the dirt bike either in their exploration or in their exhibition. To complement the comfort provided by the suspension system, it is a must that the tires provide excellent traction as well. This is very important because an uneven terrain will often spell spills and wipeouts. And we don’t want that, do we?
Maneuverability, charging efficiency, and the overall ride time had to be considered as well. It would be pointless charging a dirt bike for 24 hours only to use it in under an hour. Additionally, if the dirt bike has a speed limiting system in place, then we have to consider this as well especially if you’re considering on giving it to a young child.
We then read the comments, feedbacks, and even questions of customers regarding the product. We had to make sure that our choices also reflect the sentiment of the general public. The reputation of the company was also taken into careful consideration. If the company can provide a long warranty or guarantee period for its products, then this is a very positive sign that they stand by the quality of their products.
With these we were able to come up with a shortlist of the top 10 electric dirt bikes for kids.
Safety Tips for Kids when Riding Electric Dirt Bikes
Just like riding any two-wheeled ride-on toy, it is imperative that children riding dirt bikes, be it gas-powered or electric, should always adhere to certain safety rules. If your child is too young to comprehend the need for such rules, then maybe he or she is not yet fit to be riding one of these toys. If you insist on letting your child play with these kinds of playthings, then you must be responsible enough to always keep a watchful eye on your kid; lest you invite danger which is just lurking in any corner.
Here are some tips to help your kid stay safe when riding his or her electric dirt bike.
- Always check the laws, rules, and regulations in your country, your state, and the city where you live in. Many countries today already have their respective E-Bike laws to provide guidance on what can be considered safe and unsafe riding practices.
- Make your child wear the correct protective gear such as helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, and even a full body clothing to help protect your child against scrapes and bruises should he or she lose control of his or her electric dirt bike.
- Teach your child to play only in clearly designated areas such as dedicated dirt tracks for motocross bikes and similar vehicles. As much as possible, don’t play in the streets where there’s vehicular traffic.
- Always check the skill level of your child and use speed limiters according to this level.
- Make sure to follow manufacturer’s recommendations on charging times including the correct handling and storage of the electric dirt bike’s power supply unit.
The Bottom Line
Giving your kid one of the top 10 electric dirt bikes in our list this Christmas will surely make his or her holiday season very memorable. Just make sure you are also going to order accessories for your child especially those that will keep him or her safe.