Many of today’s children are well-versed with the latest in technological advancements. Give them a computer and they can easily manipulate it to their liking. Give the same computer to their Granny and they might not even see what’s on the screen. The point is that today’s kids grew up in an environment where technology has played a major part in shaping the world. That is why we’ve come up with 10 cool gadgets for your kids this 2016. We know we only have a few weeks left before we finally say goodbye to 2016. So, let these gizmos be the fitting gift for your child as he or she wraps up the year in style.
- 1 Piper Minecraft Computer Kit
- 2 Gizmos & Gadgets Kit, 2nd Edition
- 3 PowerUp 3.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane
- 4 Gemmy Projection Kaleidoscope Spot Light
- 5 SmartLab Toys Smart Circuits Games & Gadgets Electronics Lab
- 6 Kikkerland Over the Rainbow Crank Music Box
- 7 Airzooka Air Gun
- 8 Kikkerland Bonga Windup
- 9 Squirrel Products Lightning Reaction Reloaded – Shocking Game
- 10 KOBRA Products Retro LED Color Changing Light Bulb with Remote Control
Our Picks For The Coolest Gadgets For Kids
How We Chose the 10 Coolest Kids’ Gadgets in Our List
This is one of the trickiest projects we have ever done. Why? Well, modern living is actually filled with a lot of gadgets. From our living room to the kitchen to our kids’ playroom and bedroom, there are gizmos and devices that are truly wonderful pieces of technology. Go to a toy store and you’ll see rows upon rows of toy shelves full of gadgetry. You could easily pick one and your kid will still enjoy it.
We had to scrutinize every bit of gizmo that our researchers have shortlisted. We specifically looked at the product’s developmental benefits to children. The more areas of development that is covered, the greater is the chance that the product will be included in our final list. This is very important as we firmly believe that gadgets serve a purpose. However, since we are talking about kids here and not adults like us, then we had to make sure that these technological pieces will be beneficial in their growth and development.
Secondly, we had to make sure it’s safe for kids. Most of today’s technology run on some form of electricity, whether it is AC or DC. It is therefore imperative for us to check for electrical safety in these products, lest we expose our children to potential harm. The materials used in the product were also examined as a matter of safety.
We then tried to consider how children would react if they are given any of these products. To help us understand children’s sentiments, we read hundreds of feedbacks from parents who report of their children’s experiences with these gadgets. While these are only second-hand information, they did prove invaluable to us in creating a mental image of how good this product can be in the hands of a kid.
Kids and Today’s Technology
Man’s evolutionary development is closely tied to the advances in science and technology. There’s simply a lot of things that we do now that have been simplified or made more convenient by these technological advances. Children, in particular, are able to benefit a lot from these modern-day gadgets and gizmos. Here are some of the benefits of today’s technology in the growth and development of children.
- Enhances creativity – Many of today’s gizmos allow children to use their creativity to the fullest. The creation of a particular gadget, for example, is made a lot easier by technology allowing children to explore the infinite number of possibilities in their creations.
- Aids in understanding science and technology concepts – From computer programming to engineering and principles of physics, children can use many of today’s gadgets as an example of how these concepts apply in real life. This greatly aids in their understanding of the different principles inherent in any professional discipline.
- Promotes a healthy self-concept – When kids are able to create something extraordinary, maybe a robot or a computer, this gives them a sense of accomplishment which also enhances their self-esteem and self-confidence. The end result is a much healthier self-concept enabling them to function in a much more progressive manner in the real world.
- Improves social interaction skills – Many of today’s technology helps improve children’s social interaction skills. As kids are introduced to different science and technology concepts, they widen their vocabulary as well as understanding of how the world works. This can be the basis of a more successful establishment of social relationships.
The Bottom Line
There are many gadgets and gizmos in the world. Everywhere you look, there’s bound to be a gadget that kids can be fascinated with. You can also get any of our ten cool gadgets for kids if in case you are not sure which ones will work best for your child.