Nobody anticipated that Pokemon would be such a huge hit that it would follow in the footsteps of the Super Mario Bros. video game franchise.
Today, with merchandise in almost every conceivable area, from video games to animated TV shows to comic books to trading card games and to children’s toys and a whole lot more, the franchise has clearly made its mark to become one of the world’s highest-grossing and very popular media franchises of all time. And with Nintendo and app developers continuously providing continuous exposure for the brand, it’s no surprise that one of the best toys you can ever give to a child is a Pokemon toy.
Here are the 10 best Pokemon toys in 2017.
- 1 PokemonHedbanz Game by Cardinal
- 2 Pokemon Throw ‘n’ Pop Poke Ball Pikachu, Poke Ball Cubone, and Repeat Ball Figure Set by TOMY
- 3 Mega Charizard X Plush Toy PokemonPikazard Pikachu Open Mouth Cloak Stuffed Animal Soft Figure Doll by Generic
- 4 Pokemon 3 Pack by TOMY
- 5 Pokemon Hero Figure Ash and Pikachu by TOMY
- 6 Monopoly: Pokemon Kanto Edition by USAopoly
- 7 Itazura New Pokemon-Go Inspired Electronic Coin Money Piggy Bank Box Limited Edition by TOMY
- 8 Pokemon Party Supplies Silicone Wristband Bracelet Favors by Gifts & Crafts Co.
- 9 Pokemon Small Plush XY Pikachu by TOMY
- 10 Pokémon Moon by Nintendo 3DS
Our Picks Of The Top Pokemon Toys
How We Chose the Top Pokemon Toys in Our List
We really couldn’t pick one type of toy that can really stand out as the best Pokemon merchandise because every single product deserves a spot in our list. However, we also knew that we have to create a particular system of selection in which we can be certain the results are as objective as possible.
Our focus was on the developmental appropriateness of the cool Pokemon toys. Each one was evaluated for the kind of benefit that it can bring to the development of kids. This is in keeping with our mission of providing you only with products that are advantageous for children in terms of helping them grow and develop to their optimum. So, the different features of the toy were evaluated to identify what potential developmental benefit these could bring.
Since we’re talking about products for kids, safety is also a paramount concern. There are plenty of product safety aspects that need to be considered. The materials used in the manufacturing process have to be analyzed. The integrity of the design had to be looked into as well. We don’t want any part or component to be pointed or sharp or even fall apart from the rest of the toy which can serve as a potential choking hazard especially among very young children.
The feedbacks of customers were also read and analyzed. These were included in the satisfaction rating of the toy such that only those that have more than 4.0 stars were included. Any toy that had 4.0 stars or less was stricken off our list.
The Effects of Playing with Character Toys on Kids
We all know the Pokemon story. It’s all about discovery, goal-setting, and perseverance to achieve what we would like to achieve. Pokemon and other character toys can have an impact on kids’ development. Various research studies have also weighed in on the issue, saying that certain character toys can have an effect on children’s play activities which, in turn, can impact their overall development. Here are some of the effects of playing with character toys on kids.
- The network of neural connections in the brain are significantly improved because of the use of certain regions which play a part in imaginative and creative thinking as well as problem solving and critical thinking processes. In other words, when kids play with these toys, they are simply exercising their brain cells to be more efficient.
- Children’s social relationships are enhanced when character toys are played with. This is because they typically share the same interests as other children and this can become a great focal point for enhancing children’s social relationship skills.
- The emotional development of children is also enhanced because of their ability to create something extraordinary out of their favorite characters. For instance, being able to create a story for make believe or pretend play is already a remarkable achievement for young kids. This can become a good source of pride for these young kids. This makes them feel happy and feel good about themselves.
The Bottom Line
Pokemon has been taking the world by storm since it was introduced in the mid-1990s. Today, over several generations, the media franchise remains strong. Get any of these 10 best Pokemon toys in 2017 and you can be sure your kid will be continuing on the legacy of the beloved pocket monsters.