Children require optimum nutrition to help them grow physically stronger and mentally healthier. That is why Moms and Dads all over the world try their best to prepare highly nutritious food for their young ones especially when they go to school. Unfortunately, by the time kids will be eating their food, it would already be cold and unappetizing. There must be a way to keep the freshness of cooked food so that kids will enjoy their meals whenever they’re ready. As such, insulated lunch bags or lunch boxes for kids will definitely come in handy. This holiday season, surprise them with the coolest and hippest lunch containers for kids with our top 10 lunch boxes for kids.
How We Chose the Top Lunch Boxes, Bags, and Containers in Our List
Choosing cool lunch boxes for our kids should not be a problem as long as we know what they want. Unfortunately, this is often not enough. We also have to make sure that the product we’re going to choose for our children is made of the safest materials available. We don’t want chemicals to be leaching into the food of our loved ones because that would simply be unsafe. That is why we tasked our researchers to search for food containers especially designed for kids that are made of only the safest materials possible. Generally, what we were looking for were portable food carriers and storage units that are free from phthalates, BPA, PVC, lead, and formaldehyde as well as other chemicals that can undermine the safety of the food that we prepare for our loved ones and put our kids at risk for the development of certain health conditions associated with these harmful substances.
We then tasked our research team to evaluate the design of each of the plastic lunch boxes for kids that have initially passed our “safety” parameters. First and foremost, the product must have a built-in mechanism which will help keep the temperature of the food stable. Also, if the product comes with a variety of pockets or smaller storage compartments for eating utensils and other small stuff, then these will be factored in.
Once the safety and design issues have been secured, we then focused on the aesthetics. While we don’t expect insulated lunch bags to be similar to those from Prada or Louis Vuitton in terms of fashion styling, they should nevertheless look like ordinary lunch boxes for kids. We want our kids to feel proud of their bags so they will be more motivated to bring it to school. Besides, we believe we can also use these lunch containers for kids especially when we go out for a walk or even to the park or maybe even hit the gym. At least, we’ll have a ready supply of truly refreshing drinks and highly proteinaceous food to help burn our calories.
Lastly, we also considered what Moms and Dads are saying about these cool lunch boxes. It’s one thing to recommend a product based on a quasi-objective assessment of its features and characteristics. It’s an entirely different thing to listen to what others have to say.
All in all, this is how we eventually came up with our list of amazing lunch boxes for kids.
Ensuring Our Kid’s Nutrition
Optimum nutrition is necessary for optimum child growth and development. However, one of the most common complaint by parents is having kids who are very picky eaters. This can undermine his or her nutritional status leading to growth and developmental issues such as stunted growth, decreased physical energy, metabolic abnormalities, and cognitive impairments.
But how do we ensure optimum nutrition for our kids if they are quite choosy? Here are some tips.
- Don’t force or bribe your child to eat his or her meal or snack. This will only lead to a power struggle. A better approach is to give your kids smaller yet more frequent feedings.
- Always serve snacks and meals at roughly the same time of the day to establish a routine. You can provide fruit juices or even milk during these times but make sure to give them water in between.
- Make your child’s meals and snacks appetizing to look at. Learn from Japanese moms who really make it a habit to decorate the food they give to their children. Let them eat with their eyes. In time, they will be devouring the whole plate.
- Be very patient when introducing something new. You can start by talking about the different colors, shapes, textures, and aromas of food.
- Enlist your child’s assistance in preparing his or her food. This way, he or she will be more than willing to try out his or her own creations. This is applicable when going in the grocery, too.
The Bottom Line
Nutrition is important in life. With our top 10 amazing lunch boxes, you can also help ensure your kid’s optimum nutrition by adding a new element in the way he or she looks at food.