To say that man has always wanted to fly is a gross understatement. He has always been fascinated by the things, especially the other living creatures, around him. That’s why man wants to swim like the fish and fly like the birds or even run as fast as an antelope or even a cheetah. The point is that man’s pursuit of happiness has its inspirations from the things around him. It is no wonder then that this spirit of adventurism is well ingrained in the DNA of future generations that even kids will dream of flying even while they are still very young. You can cultivate this love of flying by giving them childrens kites for starters. Once they’ve mastered the art of flying a kite, then they can progress to remote controlled aerial vehicles before going on to pilot a real plane. It takes time, we know. But that’s the whole point about development. You have to start simple. And you can start this with our top 10 kite kids will surely love.
- 1 aGreatLife Huge Rainbow Kite For Kids
- 2 Hengda Kite Red Octopus Easy Flyer for Kids
- 3 Hengda Kite Long Tail Cartoon Fighter Kites
- 4 Kite Perfect New 2017 Easy Flyer Model
- 5 BeMax Soft Octopus Easy Flyer in Packs of 3
- 6 Imaginesty Fly Big Easy Diamond Rainbow High Flyer
- 7 Impresa Products Rainbow Delta Kite
- 8 aGreatLife Sweet Ice Cream Kite for Kids
- 9 Nicely Home Batman Superb Flyer
- 10 BrainyTrade 3D Soft Parafoil Giant Blue Dolphin Breeze Frameless Beach Kite
Our Picks Of The Top Kites for Kids
How We Chose the Amazing Children’s Kites in Our List
One of the most important aspects of choosing a kite kids will appreciate and learn to love is its ease of flying. It is very important that the flying toys that we include in our list are easy to get airborne, control to stay up in the air, and easy to retrieve. In short, it should be very easy to fly and store.
Next, since airplanes crash no matter how sophisticated they may be, it is inadvertent that kites will experience some errors or failures in flight as well. It is imperative that the kite kids in our list should be sturdy. We looked for signs of sturdiness and integrity of the structure and overall built of the kiddie flying object so that should it crash you will not be asking your neighbors or your friends to ask where to buy kites for replacement.
Speaking of where to buy kites, it is also crucial that obtaining one is easy whether you’re in New York or in some remote village in another part of the world. The point is that these childrens kites must be made available to you and your children anytime you want to order them and from anywhere you may be in the country or, perhaps, even in the world. So, we had to look at these, too.
A company’s reputation can speak a lot about the quality of the products that they put out in the market. This is especially true for companies that have been in the business for a very long time. If an organization is not doing it correctly, it won’t last long in today’s highly competitive world. As such, we also looked at the overall credibility of kite manufacturers and then compared it with the general sentiment of readers and users about the product. Plenty of negative feedback don’t sit well on the reputation of a company.
While kites are not really the first pick for toys especially this Christmas, we are nonetheless hoping that our top 10 kite kids will bring some form of guidance for those who would like to buy. Now, the only thing you have to ask is where to buy kites, especially the ones we have listed in here.
Benefits of Flying Kites among Children
We are all familiar with the annual international competition among kite flyers where everyone gets to showcase their skills both in the design and actual flying of these toys-for-all-ages. But what if you are not entering a competition? Is there any benefit especially among children? Here are some of the benefits of flying kites among kids.
- Encourages physical activity – This is perhaps the most important benefit among kids. At least, they will have to run against the wind to help launch the kite into the air. They will also have to make sure that they have excellent motor coordination and a sense of balance to make sure they won’t trip or fall while launching their kites.
- Improves social interaction skills – It is entirely possible to fly a kite alone but kite-flying has always been known to be a social activity. By encouraging children to participate in such activities, they get to interact with other children of their age as well as adults who are fond of kites, too. These can greatly improve their social relationship skills.
- Enhances creativity – If your kid will be creating or building his or her very own kite, it will be a worthwhile endeavor. This can help enhance his or her creativity while also extending the limits of your child’s imagination.
- Fosters mindfulness – When we say mindfulness, it is being aware of one’s immediate surroundings at all times. Kite-flying can help introduce this concept to children as they attempt to fly their kite, be aware of changes in the wind’s speed and direction, and the presence of obstacles everywhere such as trees, potholes, tree stumps, rocks, and a whole lot more. This enhances situational awareness or mindfulness.
The Bottom Line
Kite-flying bonds families. With our top 10 kites for kids, we’re pretty confident you have chosen one to help glue the ties of your own family.